For centuries, the Celtic Knot has been a symbol of eternity – the eternity of life, the eternity of nature and the eternity of love. In today’s world, this ancient symbol is still as apt, desirable and graceful as it was when the Ancient Celts first drew it so many centuries ago.
The never-ending, never-beginning knot provides an evocative reminder of life’s interconnectedness, a symbol which is as strong today as it was when it first adorned the pendants and tapestries of an ancient people. The Love Knot is all about tradition with a twist; a sparkling new style based on an ancient design. Eternal love that encircles the soul with the never-ending embrace of love captured in a creation of gold and silver, diamonds and precious gems.
The Love Knot represents a stylized heart formed from a knot that hugs each piece, providing a stylish new twist on two classic symbols: the heart and the Celtic knot. From husband-to-wife, mother-to-daughter, grandmother-to-granddaughter; whatever the celebration, occasion or simply a ‘just because I love you’ gift, the Love Knot cherishes true love that has no beginning and no ending.
Taking Care of Your Love Knot Jewelry
Fine jewelry expresses love, permanence, individuality and style more eloquently than words could ever do. If treated carefully, the Love Knot jewelry item you purchase today could last a lifetime and might even be handed down to future generations. Make your Love Knot jewelry sparkle, shine and last a lifetime with these important tips:
- Firstly, gold is lasting and durable but can get scratched or dented if treated roughly. This is particularly true of items worn on the hands, such as rings or bracelets that are prone to repeated contact. So remove these pieces before any type of strenuous activity.
- Secondly, beware of chemicals. Gold’s worst enemy is chlorine. Repeated exposure can weaken gold’s structure, eventually leading to breakage. So keep your gold jewelry away from chlorinated cleaning products and out of swimming pools and jacuzzis.
- On a related note, acids, abrasives and other harsh chemicals found in some common household cleaning solutions can weaken your jewelry or damage its tanish, so it’s best to cover up rings and bracelets with rubber gloves while doing heavy-duty cleaning. Or better yet, remove these pieces altogether.
- Gold can lose its luster over time if repeatedly exposed to dust, moisture, perspiration and makeup, so be sure to clean your jewelry regularly. You can use a cleaning solution of sudsy, lukewarm water, or bring it to your local jeweler and have it professionally steam-cleaned. After cleaning and rinsing, always dry and polish jewelry with a chamois or a soft cloth to avoid scratches and to bring out its shine.
- Proper storage is as important as cleaning. Protect your jewelry by storing it safely in a jewelry box or keeping it wrapped in a soft cloth when not being worn. Furthermore, keeping pieces stored separately will prevent them from getting tangled or scratching one another.
- Sterling silver necklace featuring heart shaped created ruby with 14k yellow gold knot with diamond accent below the bail
- 18″ Box Chain with Spring Ring clasp
- 14k yellow gold plated
- Gemstones may have been treated to improve their appearance or durability and may require special care.
- All our diamond suppliers confirm that they comply with the Kimberley Process to ensure that their diamonds are conflict free.